Shri Umiya Mataji Temple




Umiya Mata Temple is the Temple of Goddess Umiya, Kuldevi of Patidars. It is located in the center of Unjha, Mehsana district, Gujarat, India, where thousands of visitors visit every day. It is about 1200 years old but it was rebuilt around a century ago with the aid of the people living there.
Shree Maa Umiya, the almighty mother Goddess of the universe is the kuldevi of the kadva patidar community. Maa Umiya has given birth to this universe as the mother Goddess. Maa Saraswati, Maa Lakshmi and Maa kali are her incarnations only. Whenever the dark devilish elements raised their heads, the deity has takenvarious forms and Swarups to demolish them and protect the good and religious.Wherever in the world there is Strength, there is the Maa Umiya as the source; she only is the giver of strength and divinity.
According to the mythological tale, Maa Umiya was established by Lord Shankar himself at Unjha. In the year 156 BC Vikram Samvat- 212, king Vrajpal Sinhji constructed the temple. King Avnipat had done a very big yagna with the one lac twenty five thousand coconuts and a well full of ghee. In the vikram samvat 1122/24, Vegda Gami constructed the temple.which was demolished by Alluddin Khilji’s commander Ullugh Khan. That temple was where currently the Mollot wing houses the Sheshshayi. The statue of the Mataji is carefully preserved at Mollot’s big Madh and today there is a Gokh there. It is the true foundation of the Mataji’s temple. Here on Aaso Sud – 8, the palli is filled. Here on Jeth Sud- 2, were celebrated the traditional ‘Hel khelna na halotra’,’Bhatwari’ and ‘Shukun’. Current Temple was made with the contribution from each house Patidar Community house in the vikram samvat 1943, and the year 1887 AD. The construction of the temple was started by Shri Ram Chandra Mansukh lal and after him by Shri Rav bhahdur Bechardas Lashkari. In these endeavors, contribution was made by the Gaikwads government and also by Patdi Darbar. In the Vastupujan of the temple, the representatives of the Gaikwad were present and they offered valuable clothes to the deity. And they offered their respects to Shree Bechardas Lashkari also. At that time, Shree Ngardas Ugar das Ptel Mollot and Shree Kushaldas Rusate offered the Gold Shikhar with the Rs.2000/- offerings. After that in the year 1894 Ad, the Mansarovar was built. For the construction of the temple, under the leadership of Shri Bechardas lashkari, a Panch committee was appointed. The stone work of this construction and the Mansarovar building is available with the trust. In the year 1931, this trust was formed and in the year 1952, this trust was registered with the number A/943.

Rate and write a review